The International Alliance of Wound Care Scholarship Foundation (IAWCSF) is pleased to announce a scholarship for participation in a wound care educational program and certification.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance for wound care education and certification for qualifying clinicians. The scholarship will cover fees payable on behalf of the clinician to the education provider and to the National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy, (NAWCO) for the Wound Care Certified (WCC) certification examination. Scholarship amounts will not exceed $1500.00 per recipient.
All recipients are responsible for additional course fees, and for maintaining certification once achieved. Scholarship Funds will be dispensed directly to the education provider and the certifying board. The recipient is responsible for choosing their education provider. A list of providers who have met the certification committee criteria can be found on the NAWCO website.
Scholarships awarded through IAWCSF have no date specific submission schedule. Application reviews take place quarterly. Quarterly determination dates within a calendar year are January, April, July, and October. Recipients will be notified once all applications for that quarter are reviewed and recipients have been chosen.
The applicant will complete all forms generated for scholarship approval, attend all classes provided by the educational program, and obtain a passing score on the certification examination. Upon completion of the education, the scholarship recipient is expected to apply and sit for the Wound Care Certified (WCC) certification examination administered by the National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy (NAWCO) within one year of course completion. Failure to meet these expectations will result in rescinding of the award, with the obligation of repayment to the International Alliance of Wound Care Scholarship Foundation (IAWCSF).
Scholarship recipients are required to register for a course and apply for certification within 6 months of receiving the scholarship. Funds will not be paid until the application process has been completed for both the education provider and the certification organization. Proof of registration for both must be submitted.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS
- Hold an active, unencumbered license. All disciplines currently approved for certification through NAWCO may apply and will be considered.
- Meet the criteria established by NAWCO for eligibility.
- Have a minimum of two years full-time or four years part-time experience as a wound care clinician in the last 5 years.
- Currently hold a regular, full-time position that provides direct patient care, management, education, or research directly related to wound care.
- Submission of commitment verification from your departmental manager as evidenced by a letter of support to be submitted with the scholarship application.
Prepare and submit a statement that includes the following:
- Current and past work in wound care
- How your work impacted and made a difference for patients, colleagues, and healthcare setting
- Contributions to the community (education, volunteer, training)
- Financial need (If applicable)
- Future goals related to wound care
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
- Completed Application – Applications with missing information will delay the review process. .
- Current License Number – License number and issuing state are required on the application. Incorrect information can delay the review process. If you are a nurse professional, license information can be obtained through www.nursys.com. Applied health professionals can also locate this information through your state Division of Professional Regulation, Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- A statement which addresses your wound care experience, how your experiences have helped positively influence wound care and wound care outcomes, your professional goals and, and if applicable, any financial burden which might hinder the ability to achieve these goals. This statement should be succinct and should not exceed 2 pages double spaced.
Please note*** YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ONCE YOU START THE PROCESS AS PARTIAL APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE SAVED IN THE SYSTEM.